This means you can enjoy more OpenShift goodness very easily.
More and More Cartridges are Coming
- Different language runtimes, like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, PHP or Perl.
- Many supported frameworks, like Spring, Django, Rails, Java EE 6 or CapeDwarf etc.
- More popular quickstart apps, like Wordpress, Drupal, Kitchensink etc.
- Open-source databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Custom language and data store, aka DIY cartridge.
- ... ...
Sorry, there are just too many to list them all here.
Fortunately, now we have Tags in the OpenShift Web Console.
Find What Interests You
Before we start, please make sure you have signed up for free OpenShift account. It is completely free and Red Hat gives every user three free Gears on which to run your applications. At the time of writing, the combined resources allocated for each user is 1.5 GB of memory and 3 GB of disk space.
OK, let's take a closer look at cartridges listed in the Java category:
In this picture, you can see several tags for the application type. It's a cartridge related to JBoss, Tomcat, and Tomcat7.
If you are interested in JBoss, it can filter all the JBoss related cartridges for you by clicking the JBOSS tag.
We have advanced search too:
All it requires is that you enter a keyword and hit Enter to go!
Last but not least, for those who want to start from a list of only web cartridges
Or mabye you'd rather Browse by tag?
We've got that too.