OpenShift Online releases come roughly every 3 weeks and are chock-full of great features that enable users to onboard and manage their production-grade web applications and mobile application back-ends. With the completion of each upgrade, a release blog is written to summarize the new user-facing features. If you haven't been following our releases lately, here's a summary of the past 6 months of features that enable your use cases on OpenShift Online.
Exciting new OpenShift Online features in March 2014 include:
- Simplified Template Directory
- New Downloadable Vert.x Cartridge
- Simpler JBoss Configuration Management
- Improved Blog Navigation
- Added Debug Information on Console Errors
The release for February 2014 brings:
- Shifting forums to StackOverflow
- Updated search utility function
- SCP added to rhc command line tools
- Jenkins integration with downloadable cartridges and more
The January 2014 Release added several new supported features including:
- PHP 5.4
- MySQL 5.5
- Python 3.3
- Zend Server 6.1 with PHP 5.4
- Quota notifications
- Improved auto-scaling
The December release brought some very exciting additions:
- 50% Price reduction for Silver!
- New Large Gears.
- Different size cartridges for the same app.
- New Web Console.
The November release introduces features such as:
- Zero downtime deployment for scalable apps
- The ability to easily rollback your app to a previous deployment
- A better looking and easier to use console.
Our October release includes:
- User/group membership
- Secret tokens
- Gear visibility and more.